ACCA News, October 2019 Newsletter
A Message from Principal Swanson
Our mission at American Classical Charter Academy is to develop within our students a foundation of virtue and knowledge by delivering a rigorous, classical, liberal arts education with a strong emphasis on the rights and duties of American citizenship. Our mission is what guides our decisions, actions, and motivation at ACCA. Every day presents another opportunity to live a virtuous life and grow our knowledge base. That is why we are intentional about utilizing every minute of every day.
Along with that mission, I would like to introduce our new vision statement… “Learn. Lead. Change the World!” Not only do we want students at ACCA to demonstrate virtue, knowledge, and respect for our country, we want them to become leaders in our community and our world! When students are empowered by the knowledge they receive from a classical education, they will have the skills, knowledge, characteristics, and leadership qualities to bring about lasting change. My promise to you is that ACCA will continually work to develop our student’s knowledge base and instill the necessary values that will give our students the tools they need to be successful in an ever-changing society.
- 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM, October 29 – Parent/Teacher Conferences (located in the cafeteria)
- 6:30 PM, November 5 – November PSP Meeting
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, November 11 – Veteran’s Day Program
- All Day, November 11 – No School, Veteran’s Day
- All Day, November 25th through 29th – No School, Thanksgiving BReak
- PLEASE KEEP IN MIND! If your child has a fever, they must be fever free for 24-hours prior to returning to school. The flu can look a lot like a cold. If they are experiencing muscle pain, fatigue, chills, and a high fever, please seek medical treatment. We want all our children to stay healthy this flu season!
- Now that we are in the second quarter, students should start to be familiar with their weekly routines. Please make sure your student knows which clubs they are enrolled in and on which days. If your student is not going to be attending their weekly club, please do your best to let us know so we can keep them in carline rather than sending them to their club.
- Our Yankee Candle Fundraiser continues through October 30th! All funds raised will go towards improving the resources available to our students in the classroom.
- You may have noticed a change to the end of our e-mails in our recent contacts with you. Our new e-mail domain is now: @accaschools.org This is to match our brand new website address which is: accaschools.org
Hopefully, you will find this shorter site easier to remember and type!
Classes at ACCA
A Message from the Art Room
Our Art teacher Mrs. Brown would love your help gathering some supplies for upcoming art projects. Some examples of what she needs are:
Large & small plastic bottles
- Plastic wrap
- Cardboard egg cartons
- Wax paper
Brown paper bags
- Rinsed out plastic bottle lids (all sizes and colors) and jar lids
- Paint chips
- Shaving cream
- Cardboard paper towel and toilet paper tubes
- Dry noodles
- White birthday candles