ACCA News, September 2019 Newsletter
As we head into the month of October, I want to express my appreciation for the fantastic families we have at ACCA. Education is not only a lifelong endeavor, but a process that involves parents, teachers, friends and relatives. We all have a responsibility to help ensure that the students at ACCA receive an outstanding education. I believe that it is important for students to have the necessary skills to land a good job someday, however, education is not simply about vocational training. It is about becoming a person of integrity; a person who strives towards excellence; and a person who is willing to serve others in order to make this world a better place.
That is one reason why we are implementing the RAISE values and curriculum at ACCA. RAISE stands for Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Service, and Excellence. Students will be learning about these characteristics through their everyday classes and will be taking a deeper look at these characteristics with Mrs. Brown on Fridays. Staff members will be on the lookout for students who demonstrate these characteristics in specific ways throughout the week. Those students will be eligible to receive a RAISE award. Students who earn a RAISE award will be honored on Monday mornings with a certificate. In this way, we will continue to establish a culture of excellence at ACCA.
- 6:30 PM, October 1 – October PSP Meeting
- October 4 – Picture Day! Don’t forget your Friday dress-up uniform
- October 11 – End of First Quarter
- October 14 & 15 – No School
- 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM, October 29 – Parent/Teacher Conferences (located in the cafeteria)
- 6:30 PM, November 5 – November PSP Meeting
- 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, November 11 – Veteran’s Day Program
- We have a fantastic car loop at ACCA as well as brand new sod on our campus. It is very important for parents to demonstrate respect towards our school by keeping their car on the pavement.
- School begins promptly at 8:00 AM. Our goal is for every student to be on campus by 7:55 AM so they have time to participate in the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance as well as the Preamble to the Constitution. This is an important part of our school day and it’s important for every student to participate.
- Overall, students are doing a great job adhering to the dress code! Remember, when wearing a polo, shirts should be tucked into pants. Also, if you have not yet purchased the formal Friday uniform, please do so soon. Students will need it for picture day as well as the upcoming Veterans Day program.
Clubs @ ACCA
Mr. Duncan felt it would better serve our 3rd graders to work with the older students. For that reason, we have decided to move the 3rd graders into the Thursday music club. If this is a logistical problem for any of our current families, please let us know and we will work with you!