Back To School
Back to School Options
- Students will enter campus from the designated gate in the car line loop, whether arriving at school in a car or riding a bike.
- When students arrive at school, students will have their temperature checked. If a student’s temperature is 100.4 or greater, he or she will return home.
- Students may begin arriving at campus starting at 7:30 AM and must wear face masks and report directly to their homeroom classroom.
- Students utilizing before school care may arrive at school by 6:30 AM and must wear face masks until they report to their homeroom classroom.
- If your student arrives after 8:00 AM, please use the car line loop to drop him/her off. Call the front office at 407-593-2909 and a staff member will come to your vehicle and sign your student in.
- All students will be expected to take quarterly baseline tests and evaluated for progress monitoring through the school year. To protect the integrity of the testing process, all students will take assessments at the physical campus.
- Our innovative classrooms will be an extension of the daily classroom lessons which will be delivered online.
- Students work from home following the classroom schedule for all core classes. Lessons will be delivered both live and by recorded sessions. Daily attendance is expected and will be monitored using FOCUS.
- Elective courses will be conducted via a recorded session and corresponding work submitted using our online learning platform.
- Students will be able to submit assignments to ACCA’s online learning platform
- Students will be required to wear ACCA uniform tops during live video instruction.
- If your student enrolls in the Innovative Learning platform, you have the option to transfer to on campus Traditional Classical Instruction on Campus at the start of each quarter (August 10th, October 13th, January 5th and March 22nd).
- If a student is diagnosed with COVID-19 or a member of their household, they will immediately be able to transfer to the online platform while they recover. They will be expected to quarantine per CDC guidelines. A doctor’s release will allow the student to resume Traditional Classical Instruction on Campus.
Parents and Students Return Safely
- All buildings and work spaces will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day and each evening.
- Twenty-eight new sanitation stations have been installed across campus to promote better hygiene.
- The school nurse will have a designated isolation area in the event that a child or a staff member comes to school and presents COVID-19 symptoms. Parents will be contacted to pick up ill students immediately.
- Contact tracing will be used to identify students or staff members who may need to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Students will transition to digital learning during the self-quarantine period using ACCA’s online platform and policies.
- Parents and visitors will not be admitted on the campus. If you are picking up a sick child, or for early dismissal before 2:45 PM, call the front office and a member of the team will bring your child to you.
- Students will have their own dedicated supplies in the classroom.
- Any family member of your household who travels internationally or on a cruise ship, will be expected to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return per executive orders. Students may immediately enroll in ACCA’s Innovative Learning model.
As you know our R.A.I.S.E. values provide the compass of our actions and activities every day at ACCA. This poster will serve as a reminder to each stakeholder how each of us can apply the R.A.I.S.E. values within our choices. As we navigate the “new normal” of expectations, these values will continue to ensure our culture is protected and preserved while allowing us to be nimble as policies and directives evolve during this unprecedented time.
Partnered with our classroom lessons on proper hand washing and sanitizing, we will place signage prompts in each restroom to remind us how to combat germs. Twenty-eight sanitation stations have been added throughout the campus: inside learning pods, the cafeteria, restrooms, the office and other high traffic areas across campus.
At ACCA we show great pride in walking in lines across campus. We already show respect for others’ learning by walking quietly and not running in the hallways. To enhance our current procedures, we are simply adding some additional space to others in line, both in front and behind each student. Our young scholars are reminded with a fun visual representation of an alligator, while our older scholars are reminded with an age-appropriate sign that delivers the same safety message about appropriate physical distancing.
Check for Symptoms
Keep an eye out for our A-frames through car line every day! These important signs serve to remind you of your role as partners with us in keeping our campus safe. If any of these symptoms become apparent within your household, please keep your child at home. If your student shows any signs of fever or sickness throughout the school day, you will be expected to pick up your student immediately to prevent any potential spread of any sickness. Additionally, student temperatures will be taken at school daily. All students will be expected to enter through the car line gate on the south side of the building
- Will my student be required to wear a mask?
- Can my student opt to wear his/her mask all day?
- Will there be a online option?
- Will there be a blended option?
- Can my student move from ACCA's Innovative Instruction to Traditional Classical Instruction on Campus?
- What happens if a student or a staff member gets diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Will I be able to volunteer at the campus?
- Will lunch be provided in the cafeteria?
- Will after school clubs be offered?
- What if my student has an IEP, 504 or ELL services?
- What technology is required for successful participation in ACCA's Innovative Learning model?